Clinical trial data viewer (Lab Viewer)
Researchers can view data from clinical laboratories using the Lab Viewer. Lab Viewer is one of the core applications of the caBIG« Clinical Trials Suite (CCTS).
Send and receive clinical data (via the caBIG« Integration Hub) from existing laboratory information management systems (LIMS), patient registries, adverse event systems, electronic patient calendars, electronic case report forms, and other clinical data collection systems using the caBIG« Lab Viewer.
Data may be stored in the CTODS Lab Domain database or sent to other CCTS components via the caBIG« Integration Hub. In addition, Lab Viewer v2.0 has been integrated with the Clinical Trials Reporting Program (CTRP).
- Read the Lab Viewer Fact Sheet for a basic overview
- Watch the Lab Viewer introductory presentation for a full capabilities overview
- View the Lab Viewer overview screencast to see Lab Viewer in action
What would you like to do?
Visit the Lab Viewer section of the Clinical Trials Management Systems Knowledge Center to submit questions, comments, feature requests, bug reports, and end-user requirements. You can also access the following resources to learn more about Lab Viewer.
Lab Viewer is developed and maintained by the Clinical Trials Management Systems (CTMS) Workspace, which works to produce modular and interoperable and standards-based software tools designed to meet diverse clinical trials management needs.
caBIG« offers a number of support options for those learning about and deploying caBIG« tools and resources.
Lab Viewer is part of a collection of clinical research software applications designed to meet the diverse needs of clinical trials management. Applications and infrastructure of interest include:
- Adverse event reporting system (caAERS): Collect, process, and report patient adverse events that occur during clinical trials.
- Clinical trial participant registry (Central Clinical Participant Registry - C3PR): Create standardized registration templates; enroll, register, and randomize study participants; and track enrollment statistics.
- Clinical trial workflow integrator (Integration Hub): Support clinical trials workflow by capturing data from clinical systems and connecting to other caBIG«-compatible clinical trial databases.
- Clinical trial data viewer (Lab Viewer): Send, receive, and view clinical data from electronic case report forms (e-CRFs), patient registries and calendars, and connect with existing laboratory, adverse event, and data management systems.
- Clinical trial participant calendar (Patient Study Calendar - PSC): Create study calendar templates, manage clinical trial participants, and track participant registration and activities.
- Exchange information with 3rd party tools (Clinical Connector): Connect external applications with the C3D Clinical Database.