Biobanking management system (caTissue)
Biospecimen inventory management, tracking, and annotation can be performed using the biorepository application caTissue. This tool permits users to enter and retrieve data concerning the collection, storage, quality assurance, and distribution of biospecimens. caTissue also provides search functionality for both the biorepository staff and research scientist who may be interested in searching for and requesting biospecimens for correlative science studies.
- Read the caTissue Fact Sheet for a basic overview
- View the caTissue Introductory presentation for a capabilities overview
- Watch the caTissue demonstration videos
What would you like to do?
Visit the Biobanking and Technology Tools Knowledge Center to learn more about using and installing caTissue and to submit questions, comments, features requests, bug-reports, and end-user requirements.
(Available through TCGA)
- Learn about The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) project
- Visit the TCGA Data Portal website
- Access the TCGA data
(Available through TARGET)
- Learn about the TARGET project
- Visit the TARGET website
- Visit the TARGET Data Portal
- Browse the open-access TARGET data
- Apply for authorized access to the controlled-access TARGET data
- Access the TARGET data through the Authorized Access system
Examine gene and chromosomal information, analyze expression data, and correlate this information with clinical outcomes data from the TCGA, REMBRANDT, and TARGET programs using the caBIG« Molecular Analysis Portal (CMA).
- Learn more about this portal and the steps to getting access and conducting research
- Access the CMA Portal
Correlate genomic and expression data with outcomes using analytical tools from the NCI-hosted instance of caIntegrator and data from TCGA, TARGET, REMBRANDT, the Director's Challenge Lung Cancer Study, and the CoCaNUT colon cancer study.
- Learn more about this portal and the steps to conducting research
- Access the NCI-hosted instance of caIntegrator
Examine gene expression, gene copy number data, and clinical outcomes from glioma patients using the REpository for Molecular BRAin Neoplasia DaTa (REMBRANDT).
- Accelerating Research with Effective Biobanking
- Q&A with Devjani Chatterjee, Center Deployment Lead, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University
- Q&A with Rakesh Nagarajan, Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University
- Streamlining Biospecimen Management
- Drug Discovery News: The Dawn of Collaborative Research
- Phoenix Business Journal: Biomedical Group, 5AM Create Virtual Tissue Bank
- caBIG« Enables Economic Growth Engine in Arizona
- caBIG« Announces the Release of caTissue Suite 1.1
caTissue is developed and maintained by the Tissue and Pathology Tools (TBPT) Workspace, which provides support for the integration, development, and implementation of tissue and pathology tools.
caBIG« offers a number of support options for those learning about and deploying caBIG« tools and resources.
caTissue is part of a collection of life science software tools designed to facilitate the discovery of the next generation of cancer diagnostics and therapeutics. Other applications and infrastructure of interest include:
- Microarray data management system (caArray): Support annotation and exchange of array data; integrate array data with clinical, imaging, tissue, and other functional genomics data.
- Data analysis portal (caIntegrator): Access and analyze clinical and experimental data across multiple clinical trials and studies.
- Biomedical research data manager (caB2B): Search, retrieve, and combine microarray, imaging, biospecimen, nanoparticle, and other data from across virtually any caGrid data service.