Clinical trial data management system (C3D)
Capture clinical trial data electronically using standard case report forms (CRFs) based on common data elements (CDEs). As required by FDA regulations, the Cancer Central Clinical Database (C3D) utilizes security procedures to protect patient confidentiality and maintain an audit trail.
Currently, the application also supports electronic submission of clinical trials data to the National Cancer Instituteĺs (NCI) Clinical Data System (CDS) and the Clinical Trials Monitoring Service (CTMS/Theradex). C3D is based on Oracle clinical and includes the ability to do remote data capture (RDC).
What would you like to do?
Visit the C3D section of the Clinical Trials Management Systems Knowledge Center to submit questions, comments, feature requests, bug reports, and end-user requirements.
You can also visit the C3D public demo site to test the application (username: OPS$GUEST, password: GUEST08$). Please contact NCICB Application Support (email@example.com) if you are interested in deploying C3D at your institution.
C3D is developed and maintained by the Clinical Trials Management Systems (CTMS) Workspace, which works to produce modular and interoperable and standards-based software tools designed to meet diverse clinical trials management needs.
caBIG« offers a number of support options for those learning about and deploying caBIG« tools and resources.
C3D is part of a collection of clinical research software applications designed to meet the diverse needs of clinical trials management. Applications and infrastructure of interest include:
- Adverse event reporting system (caAERS): Collect, process, and report patient adverse events that occur during clinical trials.
- Clinical trial participant registry (Central Clinical Participant Registry - C3PR): Create standardized registration templates; enroll, register, and randomize study participants; and track enrollment statistics.
- Clinical trial workflow integrator (Integration Hub): Support clinical trials workflow by capturing data from clinical systems and connecting to other caBIG«-compatible clinical trial databases.
- Clinical trial data viewer (Lab Viewer): Send, receive, and view clinical data from electronic case report forms (e-CRFs), patient registries and calendars, and connect with existing laboratory, adverse event, and data management systems.
- Clinical trial participant calendar (Patient Study Calendar - PSC): Create study calendar templates, manage clinical trial participants, and track participant registration and activities.
- Exchange information with 3rd party tools (Clinical Connector): Connect external applications with the C3D Clinical Database.